Patch 3.2 landed like a Loot Reaver pinata. Everywhere you looked were mains and alts alike running instances like mad and jumping significant WoW Heroes levels. While it is all very awesome, it's also left many folks a little uncertain as to what is available to them and from where. We'll start to tackle that problem here.
Trial of the Crusader (normal)
Dropping all iLvl 200 items on regular mode, just like the raid instance Naxxaramas, some have said this 5-man instance has made Naxx obsolete. I disagree since the raiding experience Naxx provides is invaluable. However, this instance is a great way to quickly gear up your alts, or stock up on your Abyss Crystals as the case may be.
- Abyssal Rune. If you have had bad trinket luck like me, you will be excited to see this haste and chance on cast to increase dps trinket drop.
- Belt of the Churning Blaze. Good to bank for hit swapping.
- Bindings of the Wicked. Another good item to keep on hand for hit swapping.
- Handwraps of Surrendered Hope. These gloves are slightly better itemized for healers, but grab if they are an upgrade.
- Leggings of the Haggard Apprentice. The leggings have good stats plus 2 gem slots, including the ever elusive blue gem slot.
- Mantle of Inconsolable Fear. This shoulder piece is slightly better itemized for healers, but worth grabbing if it is an overall upgrade.
- Signet of Purity. Solid ring though its spirit means you will be up against the druid and priest healers.
- The Confessors Binding. Good waist, but will want to bypass the gem slot bonus to put a ruby in this spot. Its spirit means you will be up against the druid and priest healers.
Trial of the Crusader (heroic)
Dropping all ilvl 219 items, this heroic 5-man instance even provides upgrades for folks who've gone through Naxx 10.
- Spectral Kris. This spellcaster dagger is likely to be an upgrade unless you have the 25-man Naxx mace from KT.
- Boots of the Crackling Flame. Spell hit boots that are a step up from the badge spell hit boots you may be wearing.
- Gaze of the Unknown. Incredibly ugly spell hit helm but hey, that's what the "Hide Helm" checkbox is for.
- Embrace of Madness. Solid caster robes.
- Kurisu's Indecision. Spellcaster cloak. Not as hot as the Deathchill cloak, but likely an upgrade over anything else from the earlier 10s.
- Sinner's Confession. Spellcaster hit ring.