For the better part of this decade, I have been blogging this meme for myself. This year, I thought I'd do this with a Warcraft spin, and tag some of you to complete it too.
My Warcraft Year in Review MemePlease leave a link to your meme post in the comments here. Please tag 5 other folks to complete the meme and copy these instructions and the questions into your blog with your answers.
- What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you'd never done before?
- What was your favorite new place that you visited?
- What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- What do you wish you'd done less of?
- What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?
- Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009.
1) What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I left my accomplished druid and my Alliance server -- where I knew a ton of people and had been raiding for 2 1/2 years -- and started playing my horde shadow priest full time, on a new server where I "knew" folks only from the Livejournal WoW Ladies community. Best. Decision. Ever. I've met so many awesome folks on the new server and wouldn't trade the fun we've had this year for anything.
2) What was your favorite new place that you visited?
Hmmm. I don't know that I visited many new places in 2009 really, since I'd had my first two 80s by the end of 2008. So, I guess I'll go with Ulduar. It had some pretty vistas.
3) What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I would like to have more opportunity to share my raiding experience and my passion for the game. Be that more blogging / podcasts / guild role I can't say. But it is a definite want. And I would like to have more time to write here.
4) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmmm. I got my 4th character to 80, built my second motorcycle, and got to finish up the two BC instances my poor druid never got to see the final bosses die in (BT and MH) due to her having a scheming asshat warrior raid leader that drove her away from raiding and eventually out of that guild. Heh.
5) What was your biggest failure?
I suppose that would be the dissolution of my 10-man Alliance guild, in which I was an officer. But that was due primarily to a female guild member who was sad that the GM stopped spending all his in game time with her, caused a ton of drama and killed the guild. Remind me I need to post about married GMs with their borderline inappropriate in-game main squeezes.6) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Killing KT in 25-man for the first time on my shadow priest. It was the culmination of march hard work and effort, and was shared with some awesome folks. Kwick and Norm I am especially looking at you. Oh, and the first time we did Ony 25 and I did a million billion DPS on the whelps. MINNNNDDDDDDD SSEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRR! Cough.
7) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sitting around waiting for raids that didn't end up going. And the 45 levels I put into my shaman before the faction change service went into effect. I do love playing a shaman at level cap but I HATE HATE HATE leveling them.
8) What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?
The WoW site I visited the most was definitely MMO Champion, hands-down. And all my favorite blogs are on the WoW Blog list to the right of this post. RAWR! It's awesome to have found so many new, interesting bloggers to read this year. They have each had a hand in making my WoW playing and blogging time a lot more interesting to be sure.
9) Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009.
I learned that it is not worth it to offer up constructive criticism or unsolicited advice. Even if you think you are friends with someone and see themselves repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot with their poor communication skills. Even if you see them run folks off with their communication style and their lack of respect for others' ideas and opinions. Just keep your mouth shut. Because all you'll get is a black eye for trying to help someone be more aware of how others are perceiving them.
5 Folks I'm tagging to Complete this Meme