Cataclysm has marked the return to random dungeon groups for many people. Some of whom seem to to be unclear on some of the common courtesy's of grouping with strangers. This Friday Five goes out to them...
- DON'T queue until you are ready. This is especially true for tanks and healers: you know you will get an instance almost immediately. So don't queue, come on inside, then tell us you need a 5 minute AFK. We hate you. And will kick you out of there as soon as the timer allows us to for that.
- DON'T be afraid to ask questions. You know how right before a boss fight, the party leader will often say "so has everybody done this?" I know it can bruise one's ePeen to be the only one raising their hand, but if it's your first time in Vortex Pinnacle, speak up. Heck, even if it's not, if you are running with a bunch of strangers, ask them how they want to handle the fight. Make sure you understand who is in charge of cc'ing the diamond. Double check if this is a go stand in something or a kite through or a run away from fight.
- DON'T run back to the entrance to turn in your quests. No, the group doesn't want to wait 5 minutes for you to go turn in your quest, no matter how excited you are about that quest reward item. This is a pretty surefire way to get kicked out.
- DON'T ignore party chat, especially when it is directed towards you. If someone is asking you a question, you need to respond to it. "Paladin X, are you lost?" crickets. "Paladin X, why are you back at the entrance to the instance?" crickets. "Paladin X you aren't keeping us all waiting here for 4 minutes now turning in your quests and not replying to us are you?" crickets. /vote to kick.
- DON'T be a primadonna. We don't care that you blew your uber mega DPS cooldown on that last boss 200 feet over there and it won't be up again for 5 minutes. Your meter humping is of little interest to the group. Really. I promise. It's up to you to manage your CDs and buffs, not the group's obligation to stand around waiting for your to feel everything is optimal for you for each fight.
BONUS: DON'T tell the group how every other group you've done this instance with has done it faster/more smoothly/without the boss casting meteor/whatever. The expansion has been out for a little over a week. Saying stuff like this marks you as a pretentious git. Get over yourself and learn how to have a good time!
So far I am enjoying the new dungeons. I especially liked being able to run around in boomkin form on a camel in a dungeon, as seen above. Now THAT's what I call a fun time in a dungeon -- boomkin DPSing from a camel's back.