Now that you've got some justice points stacking up in your currency tab, and a few vexing greens still on your 85s, you are probably ready to go shopping, yes? But first things first -- how do you earn more of these points?
- Cataclysm Heroic dungeon boss -- 75 Justice Points
- Cataclysm daily normal dungeon -- 75 Justice Points
- Cataclysm daily Heroic dungeon -- 75 Valor Points
- Cataclysm 10-player raid boss -- 75 Valor Points
- Cataclysm 25-player raid boss -- 105 Valor Points
Now before you hit the comment button to tell me I forgot about WotLK raids and heroics, let me stop you. At 85 you will not be earning justice points from any "outgrown" content, regardless of if they previously dropped badges for you. And now, on to the good stuff.
Justice Points Gear (ilvl 346)
- WAIST: Belt of the Falling Rain [spirit, mastery] or Incense Infused Cumberbund [mastery]. Personally, I am going to work towards Guardians of Hyjal exalted for the epic waist instead. 1650 points.
- HEAD: Cowl of Pleasant Gloom [hit] or Mask of New Snow [spirit]. 2200 Points.
- HANDS: Gloves of Purification [spirit, mastery] or Gloves of the Painless Midnight [mastery]. 1650 points.
- LEGS: Leggings of Charity [spirit] or Pensive Legwraps. 2200 points.
- SHOULDERS: Meadow Mantle [mastery] or Summer Song Shoulderwraps [spirit]. 1650 points.
- CHEST: Musk Rose Robes [spirit] or Robes of Embalmed Darkness [mastery]. 2200 points.
- NECK: String of Beaded Bubbles [hit, mastery] or Celadon Pendant [spirit, mastery]. 1250 points.
- OFF-HAND: Hermit's Lamp [hit] or Apple-Bent Bough [spirit]. 950 points.
Valor Points Gear (ilvl 359)
- FEET: Slippers of Moving Waters [spirit] or Melodious Slippers [hit]. 1650 points.
- LEGS: Mercurial Leggings. 2200 points.
- HANDS: Mercurial Gloves. 1650 points.
- CHEST: Mercurial Vestments. 2200 points.
- BACK: Haunt of Flies or Heavenly Breeze [spirit, mastery]. 1250 points.
- TRINKET: Soul Casket [mastery, +SP on use] or Core of Ripeness [intellect, +spirit on use] 1650 points.
- RING: Twined Band of Flowers [spirit, mastery] or Band of Secret Names. 1250 points.
If you are looking to build a set that works well for healing in addition to shadow, you will want to grab pieces with spirit rather than with hit. The relative utility of the mastery bonus continues to be debated, but is widely considered to not be worth choosing over an item without it, so also bear that in mind if you plan only to play as shadow. Additionally, there are some crafted items, including epic pants and belt, that you may wish to have made rather than spending your points.
Now that you have your wish list in place, where do you make your purchases? Horde has Jamus'Vaz <Valorous Quartermaster> and Gunra <Justice Quartermaster> in Orgrimmar's Valley of Strength. Alliance has Faldren Tillsdale <Valorous Quartermaster> and Magatha Silverton <Justice Quartermaster> in Stormwind in the Old Town area.
NOTE: It is a bummer that wands and bracers for shadow priests are not craftable, available through rep, or purchaseable from the point vendors at this point. Hopefully we shall see that rectified with a future patch. Until then, you can farm Grim Batol for the Wand of Untainted Power [spirit]. For bracers, your options are Lost City for Sand Silk Wristband bracers, the long quest chain that culminates in Doing it the Hard Way in Halls of Origination, or Crimsonborne Bracers in Grim Batol.