Jumping right in, despite having attained a few levels in the BETA, on my horde shadow priest, since the Jade Forest intro quest was bugged for me at that time, I didn't quest there at all. Which means all the content has felt fresh as a daisy which is exactly how you want to start of on a new leveling path.
I've been splitting my time between my elemental shaman on one server and my shadow priest on another server. I realize this is not maximum efficient usage of my limited game time, but it's been nice to get to spend time in both guilds and playing two characters I'm really enjoying.
I was not sure how WoW questing was going to stack up after having been such a fan of the immersive storytelling in SWTOR. I've been enjoying having the quest chains be broken up here and there with some immersive storytelling, and cu scenes, even though I can't make any choices or have a direct impact on the story. It's still a step in the right direction and is a nice change from the old school wall of text quests.
A few things I love:
- Watching peeps in guild chat, every few hours, earlier in the week, type out: "Socks! Noooooo!"
- The pretty clothes for my cloth-wearers, and the nice looking mail for my shaman. Gone are the days of looking terrible, unless you are equipping the tailoring gear I am making...
- Even as DPS getting in to LFD in a reasonable amount of time. Or perhaps I am just having enough fun out and about questing that I don't notice the wait that much.
- Professions have been moderately expensive to level but not impossible. I have enchanting, inscription and jewelcrafting maxed, with tailoring and alchemy up-and-coming.
A few things that are bugging me:
- I need a toy chest for all the toys and trinkets that do things like summon a raccoon friend! They're taking up all my bag space!
- I want my farm to grow things faster! I have many things to grow for my Pandaren Cooking. Can't I buy some EZ-Grow mulch from the goblins? No?
- I made the tailoring set for my poor neglected horde shadow priest and she looks absolutely ridiculous. WTB a dress please!
- Every LFD run I have done has had at least 1 incident of the boss lockout. It's never resulted in the group not completing the boss so far mind you. But people need to keep up with the group and not ninja AFK! ;p
- I think I may need to purchase a new bank slot for the banker to hold on to all the cooking materials. I've cleared one tab for it, but I just don't think that will be enough...
What about you? How's your first week of the expansion going so far?