That's right, another year, another blizzcon. I'm at home watching via livestream and keeping up with all the twitter #Blizzcon chatter. Be sure to follow along at home!
Hashtags to watch
Accounts to follow
Highlights of what we've learned so far...
- Brightpaw announced as this year's Blizzard Make-a-Wish charity pet, releasing December 2.
- My beloved Lady Sylvanas has a key role in the Legion expansion cinematic! Finally having her time in the spotlight as a hero and leader.
- Artifact weapon previews up for all Warcraft classes.
- As you upgrade your artifact weapon you also gain access to other models + colors for your weapon over time.
- You can add a range of different relics to your artifact weapon. Provides some customization.
- Use artifact power to first unlock an active trait (that you'll put on your bar). Meaty power w/long CD.
- Artifact power is a resource you acquire from any type of activity you are doing. Unlock traits/abilities in your artifact tree.
- Class Halls will have armor stands for you to display your favorite armor sets
- A little underwhelmed that the "new" moonkin models are so "faithful to the originals"
- Horns, blindfold, tattoos, and custom skin textures are customizable for demon hunters.
- As a demon hunter you will rip your new abilities from the demos you slay in your starter area.
- Pre-purchase of the Legion expansion will give you early access to the Demon Hunter class.
- Lots of amazing new artwork
- First raid in Legion will be the Emerald Nightmare where you climb the World Tree to enter the Emerald Dream and see its current state.
- Legion will have more voice work than any prior Warcraft expansion.
- We will be seeing at least a small cameo from our beloved Bolvar Fordragon.
- Will be able to trade duplicate personal loot.
- New legendary world drops.
- A new and improved Dalaran will be the capital city for Legion. Will have a "deathgate" like portal that will port you to/from class halls.
- No more gathering node sniping while you're fighting the mobs guarding them: nodes shared not tappable.
- Significant inscription changes.
- Major Glyphs removed b/c other things (i.e. artifact talents) replacing them.
- Scribes still make trinkets, consumable minor glyphs.
- No more glyph slots-- can use as many minor glyphs as you want.
- Serious recipe window overhaul: will show recipes you don't have and how to find them too.
- Recipe acquisition will now happen through exploration/adventures, not just be learned from your trainer.
- Major overhaul of shadow priest playstyle
- Shadow priests in Legion: No longer "poor cousin of the affliction warlock".
- Tapping into the power of the void.
- Void is controlled by the old gods = shadow priests.
- New resource for SPs= insanity. No mana or shadow orbs.
- As your insanity increases, your shadow form gets darker...grow tentacles out of your body until you ultimately end up in void form.
- "Ultimate but fleeting power" b/c no one can harness insanity forever.
- Significant moonkin overhaul. Eclipse is gone. More focus on DoTs.
- Druids will be able to finally have quad spec! All players (except demon hunters) will be able to have 3 specs.
- Disc priests will now be able to heal primarily via their DPS.
- Survival hunters making melee hunter a reality (which is good for that LFG dude from 8 years ago who insisted on it.)
- Demonology warlocks seeing a major overhaul, feeling that their play style was off track of the core fantasy.
RT @restokin: Warlocks have dreadstalkers. Demonic empowerment gives demons bloodlust. You are throwing waves of weak and powerful demons— miss anexxia (@anexxia) November 7, 2015
- Adding 1 character slot per server so you can have a demon hunter on your existing server
- The old Nefarian encounter in BWL will gain a demon hunter class call.
- The keystone dungeon challenges will NOT be queable via LFG.
- You can start working towards unlocking Legion early in the expansion but it won't be available immediately after hitting 110.
- HUGE wardrobe update
- Can save different looks per class spec.
- Can link your outfits to other people; if they lack an item it will still show it and provide the info on where/how they can get it.
- "Hidden" slots saved per outfit (i.e. that you don't show your helm or cloak with a specific outfit)
- New: can hide shoulders!
- 3 new transmogable slots: Weapon enchants, shirts, and tabards.
- For transmog you can get the looks back for quest items you completed even if quest no longer exists (eg vanilla class quests)
- And they will go back and look at all quests you completed and unlock all those appearances including items you didn't pick.
- As soon as item is bound to you, its appearance is unlocked in your collection which is account-wide, so any character of yours who can wear that armor type can access it
- Launching League of Explorers this Thursday!
Heroes of the Storm
- Cho'gall 2-player character in-game benefit for Blizzcon in-person and live stream attendees! Play two games with a friend who doesn't have him, and they earn him.
- When you buy the game you get all 21 heroes. The idea is to change up who you play.
- Origins edition of the game comes with five origin skins, including: Strike Commander Morrison, Overgrown Bastion, Blackwatch Reyes, Security Chief Pharah
- Baby Winston pet for Warcraft one of the digital goodies from the origin
- Tracer Heroes of the Storm character another of the digital goodies
- Coming to the Xbox1 and PS4! But not for Mac, which is incredibly surprising. As a Mac player, not happy about that.