A guide to raid leadership topics within this blog.
Raid Performance Management
- Personal Accountability: A Raider's Checklist.
One of the most visited and linked to articles in the blog, this checklist provides an overview for a conscientious raider of how to ensure they are bringing their A game to the table.
- Creating Benchmarks for Raid Performance.
How to mine meaningful benchmarks and set minimum requirements with the use of free raid log reporting tools.
- When Your Raid Leader Says Everyone, This Means YOU!
A discussion on why some players think their meter humping is more important than following a raid leader's strategy, and how to correct that the situation.
- Friday Five: 5 Raiding Lessons to Remember in ICC.
Lessons learned in raids past to keep in mind in Icecrown Citadel raids.
- The Right Tools for the Job: Raiding Evaluations.
Free online tools to use for assessing when your raiding team or an individual raider is ready to move on up into a new instance.
- Providing Constructive Criticism Without Being a Jerk.
Constructive feedback can be the linchpin to raid success, but if delivered in the wrong way -- or at the wrong time, it can lead to a big pile of drama, and no improvement in results.
- What Does it Take to be a Great Raid Leader?
It's not enough to just want to be in charge -- you need to have the leadership skills and attitude that makes the raid team want to follow you.
- Friday Five: 5 Things to Keep in Mind on a Progression Raid Night.
A reminder for how to keep your raid focused and friendly on a progression raiding night.
- Addressing Growing Pains Before You Need a Splint.
On the importance of thinking through your strategy for how to tackle progression-level raiding before drama ensues.
- When is the Right Time to Change up Your Riad Strat?
If you're changing the strategy every attempt, you're not giving your raiders a chance to practice. Here are 4 questions to ask yourself before changing up your strat.
Raid Attendance and Recruitment
- Taking Attendance: Raid Signup Etiquette 101.
Sometimes common sense is not so common as the discussion this post generated shows. Not everyone realizes how their behavior affects the other 9/24 people who sign up and show up for a raid ready to go. Thus, some food for thought.
- Common Sense: When in Doubt, Sit it Out.
Holding raiders accountable for their signups; encourage folks who can't commit to accept as tentative, or to sit.
- Friday Five: Five Must-Dos When Starting to Recruit for Raids.
Five raid recruitment rules of thumb.
- Attack of the Absentee Raiders.
How to identify and weed out bad apples before they ruin your raid.
- When Raiders Only Partially Depart a Guild.
Tensions can flare when you have raiders who depart the guild on their mains, only to take up residency in your guild forums, bragging about their new conquests. Here are some suggestions on defusing this drama bomb.
- Loot Systems Pros and Cons.
In any sustained raiding environment, when it's time to move beyond need/greed rolling, you have a few different loot system options to choose from, with their pros and cons laid out here.
Misc. Raiding Tips
- 10 Things You Should Know About Raiding…That Your GM Shouldn’t Have to Tell You.
A new raider's primer to making a good first impression.