I'm a little later with this post than intended but better late than never (or something):
- I'm really enjoying the Serious Eats group blog. Check out the Manila Pizza post to get a flavor for their newsy posts. Reminds me of how I felt about Saveur when it was a newly minted publication. Just right level of personal details without overwhelming the food content.
- I had a little bit of a giggle reading this Pasta Pomodoro review. I'm used to my local paper's policy of not reviewing chains, and didn't realize other papers actually do. Also in the Philly Inquirer, I liked the Crispy Chicken Salad recipe, though for the life of me I have no idea what Panko bread crumbs are (specific company? type of bread product?)
- Bay Area Bites had a great ode to fried chicken that makes me wish I'd get over my fear of frying. For now though, I think I am sticking with my small chunks of chicken fried in the tiniest amount of oil possible.
- On a hot Summer day the last thing I want to do is cook. That's why this NY Times article with 101 bullet-size recipes for 10 min meals was right up my alley.
- Diners love to complain about bad dining experiences. This Dallas Morning News article turns the tables -- with restaurant staff sharing their pet peeves about diners.