Every time a group of my current and former coworkers tries to get together for lunch in the financial district, dozens of emails fly back and forth while we try to determine what our options are for a tasty lunch. Next time this topic comes up, I am going to zip out with this list of my favorite places to have lunch in downtown SF.
- Metropol. Yummy European cafe food, friendly service. The grilled salmon and their ever-changing pizzas are my favorites here.
- Boxed Foods Company. Focused on tasty organic seasonal sandwiches and salads, and with outdoor seating.
- Yank Sing. Hands-down my favorite place for dim sum. They also have great meal-combos-to-go.
- Out the Door, the Slanted Door spinoff in the SF Shopping Centre, is a sleek sit down place with fast service -- and without the wait of its parent.
- Zebulon. Great burgers and grilled sandwiches and my favorite Cobb Salad in SF.
- Town Hall. I think that every time my friend Carolyn and I have been here in the pest 3 years we've gotten the burger.